NCBG Timeline


In 1919, Professor Frederick Koch, founder of Carolina Playmakers and the dramatic arts curriculum, develops the site as a permanent theater where the first Playmakers production, Taming of the Shrew, is performed. During 1940-42, the Forest Theatre is rebuilt with $20,000 from the Works Progress Administration whose workers build two lighting towers, a director box, a ticket box office, the main entrance walkway, terraced and tiered flagstone seating, and new stonework around and behind the stage.

ID: 77
Modified by: Waitt
Last Update: 2017-03-05
Publish: 1

Go back